Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship

Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents may bring their parents and grandparents to Canada through one of two programs: family class sponsorship or super visa for parents/grandparents.

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if:

you’re at least 18 years old

you live in Canada

you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada

you can prove you have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor.

Your willing to sign an agreement or undertaking promising to provide financial support for your sponsored family members for 20 years, starting when they become permanent residents

Who you can sponsor

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.

In case of divorce or separation, you can sponsor your parents and your grandparents spouses,or conjugal or common-law partners.

In the application, you can only include your brothers and sisters, or half brothers and sisters, if they qualify as dependent children.

You may sponsor more than one person or couple if you meet the income requirements for all the people you want sponsor and their dependants (spouse, partner and children).

How to Apply

The first step to sponsor your parents or grandparents is to submit an interest to sponsor form. If you’re invited to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents, there are 2 applications:

1. You must apply to become a sponsor.

2. Your parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence.

How can a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant Help?

In addition to making sure the application is complete there are three main areas where an RCIC can help.

Immigration Strategy and Option: An RCIC can advise you on the different options that are available to you to obtain permanent residence in Canada and explain the pros and cons of each option. It is important you choose the best immigration program from the start as this will likely save you time and money in the long run.

Professional Representation: If you do not have a representative assisting you then you will probably only submit the required documentation listed on the IRCC document checklist. Submitting only these documents may be enough to result in a favorable decision. However, submitting only those documents sometimes is not enough to make your case and to satisfy the visa officer you meet the requirements of the visa. Generally, it is wise to submit as much evidence as you can above and beyond the minimum required by IRCC. Your representative can assist you in preparing and submitting a strong application to IRCC by identifying the weaknesses in your application and advising you how to strengthen your application.

Submission letter: An RCIC will prepare and submit a submission letter on behalf of the applicant along with the application. The submission letter is an important part of the application which summarizes and more importantly demonstrates why you meet the requirements of the visa.

Ready to sponsor your parents or grandparents to Canada?

We will:

Review your information and develop a strategy to apply

Prepare and submit your sponsorship application

Prepare and submit your visa application to IRCC

Act as your authorized representative to IRCC

Update you regularly on the status of your application.

If you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents to come to Canada we are here to help! Please complete our free online assessment form or contact us and one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants will revert to you within 48 hours.

Looking for Advice?

Your request will be answered within 24 hours